Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the purple heart

I'm so honored and blessed to be able to write this post. Last night, the merit board went back to the night of February 19, 2009 to honor Keith and Dan Lawhorn as well as the many other officers involved in the events of that night. There were so many people that worked together and so much support that I stand amazed at the grace of the Lord over our lives. That night could have turned out so different, but thanks to the Lord and the quick actions of other officers and EMT workers, as well as doctors and nurses, we still have Keith and Dan with us.
Keith and Dan were both presented with the purple heart and a plaque honoring them for their bravery and courage on that night a little over a year ago.
I still get tears in my eyes, and probably always will. I love you, Babe.



No comments:

Post a Comment