Thursday, June 2, 2011

kaden's 2nd birthday!

Can't believe it's here. Can't believe he's two! But soooo extremely thankful for my sweet little boy...which is what he is...a little boy...not a baby! :) We had a lot of fun celebrating him over the holiday weekend. I love, love having parties/get-togethers and that is what we did. We had a big par-tay on Saturday and then had more celebrations at Mom and Dad's on Sunday.
I know the "theme thing" won't last for long with the kids so I have to live it up now. :) Kaden is/has been totally into cooking and anything that he can find in the kitchen...bowls, spatulas, spoons, forks, whisks, measuring cups, cutting boards...I think you get the idea! So, I didn't have to think too long or hard about what to do for his birthday. I found this adorable cooking theme site and went with it. We had an 'all out' Chef Party and I thought it fit him perfectly. :)
Such a cutie! Great Grandpa actually got him the Chef outfit for Christmas and he literally wears it ALL the time. Couldn't help but bust it out on the day of his birthday. :)
 
Aunt Ash helped with the cupcakes...delish sista! :)
 We had lots of fun with some friends and family...playing, hanging out and laughing! The weather cooperated for us. It was pretty overcast for most of the time. The sun did come out at the end, but wasn't really that bad...compared to the 90's we have had since!! :)


A little bit of 'Corn Hole Action.' :) Even Uncle Jason got to enjoy a wee bit on a break. We were happy to see him.
As part of the Chef/Cooking Theme, I thought it would be neat to have the kiddos make some pizzas! They are super easy and thought they would enjoy not only making them, but eating them too. My predictions were right...fun times!
Each kiddo got a chef hat and some dough to form into their personal pizza.
 Then it was on to the sauce and the toppings...and into the oven.

Pretty sure they enjoyed it. :) I got a couple shots of some of them tasting their creations.


I loved singing 'Happy Birthday' to my little man...and I know for a fact that he enjoyed that cupcake!!
A little more play...then on to some presents. He was all about the presents at first...but then when he was done, he was done. He sure did love what he opened though. :) A huge 'Thank You' to everyone.
 He has played with everything he got...I love seeing their excitement with new things. :)
And....I must say I knew the following would be a huge hit with him. I cannot believe how much he LOVES guitars and music...seriously loves them both. I need to post a video of him singing and playing his guitar...hilarious and sooooo cute. :) He had a simple guitar that we got him for Christmas that he played with every. single. day. That was the best $7 we have ever spent at Target!! But...we got him an upgrade for his birthday...and he totally loves it too. 
He couldn't wait to get it out of the package and into his arms. :) He took it right over to the steps and sat down to play some tunes!
I totally love these pictures of him...they so capture him. :) My sweet little boy. 


A happy day it was...and we couldn't end without getting a picture with our little guy.
Kaden Alan....we love you so, so much!
Happy 2nd Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pics! Especially the ones of Kaden jammin on his new guitar! Great party!

    ReplyDelete