Sunday, February 27, 2011

the big "3-0" for me

It's inevitable...I have reached another decade in my life. The "thirties" have come to visit and stay. :) I remember when I thought 30 was so old and couldn't imagine ever being there...but I had more than a few people tell me to start being thankful that I can celebrate a birthday...don't want the alternative! So I am...I am thankful and just loving life...no matter what the age.
My birthday festivities actually began Thursday...the night before my birthday. Keith and I took the kiddos and went out to do some grocery shopping...the cupboards were bare I tell ya! So...we were gone for quite a while just trying to get everything we need. I came home to quite a surprise...
 I GOT FORKED!!! There were 1,000 forks in my front yard! (I was told the exact amount later!!) What a crazy sight to see! I actually took this pic the next morning because it was dark when we got home. :)
 I walked into my dining room to see some of THE most ridiculous decorating I have ever seen in my life! Banners, balloons, and streamers hung with no planning in mind...just wherever it landed or the tape would hold it.
 
 My front door was covered in sticky notes...along with many walls AND the mirror in my bathroom!
 I have no comment for this one.
 There were 100 of these signs posted EVERYWHERE in my house.
 When I say everywhere...
 I mean EVERYWHERE.
 As sad as this picture is...it is one of the only ones that the "pranksters" got of me!
 This was also hanging in my front window...and let me say...I have never had so many people honking as they drove by. Hilarious! A couple cars even stopped and took pictures of all the forks!
I can't imagine who would have done this to my house...certainly not any good friends or family. I am not naming any names...but I did happen to find this picture on my camera...
Just sayin'... :)

Friday was my actual birthday. Keith gave me a gift certificate Thursday night to go to the spa on Friday! Hallelujah! He actually took off of work to stay with the kids so I could go. Soooo, I spent the day getting a facial, massage, and hair cut. Pure heaven for a girl.

He kept saying that he was taking me to Ruth's Chris that night for dinner...but I am just really hard to convince. I didn't believe him and he knew it! I did not know what was up his sleeve, but I definitely knew we were NOT going to Ruth's Chris. We were supposedly having some kind of church meeting that night that we were going to stop by for just a little bit. That "meeting" turned out to be my surprise party! It turned out to be super nice with lots of friends and family there to celebrate. I am not one to enjoy being the center of attention, but this was low key and fun. I had a great time.
Come to find out, my hubby had been planning this for months. :) He had been stealing numbers off of my phone, hacking into my facebook and many other little sneaky things.
the sneaky little invite
My family is not the extreme picture taker that I am...and unfortunately not one person took a camera. Chels normally does have hers, but she let me down that night!! However...thank God for Jill! She is never without hers! Thank you for sharing these with me, my friend. :)
 
Kaden with his obvious love for balloons!
 
 Addison and I getting ready to blow out all 30 of my candles.

I received lots of cards with sweet little notes...just makes you feel special. :)
Also got some gift cards, home decor items,
some pretty flowers...
and...one of my very favorite presents that I have probably ever received...seriously...
this sweet necklace from all my friends at the 'Wood.
It has all my kiddos names engraved on there along with their birthstones. I know I thanked you all that night...but I really want you to know how thankful I am for that...very special. Thank you to all of you that came... I was SO happy to see you. You are such a great gang...feel very blessed to have worked with you and to know all of you. You are true friends!

Keith did a super job. I was very blessed to see so many people take the time to get some babysitters and come to my birthday. Great times! At this point...30 isn't so bad! :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful necklace! I actually took my camera and tried to get pics for you because I didn't think you would have yours, but Alex had accidentally given me batteries that were run down! Sorry sista! Love the forking! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete