Wednesday, May 4, 2011

easter recap

Our church is now doing Saturday night services...Praise the Lord! So...we went to church Saturday...right in the middle of the torrential downpour of rain we have been having recently. Quite the experience!
Keith worked 3rd shift Saturday night so he had to get some sleep Sunday morning before we headed to my parents to see all the family. I got all the kiddos ready and made my salad I was supposed to bring. Then we woke up Daddy and off we went. :)
By the time we got there...there were gobs of cars in the driveway. Lots of family...and even some friends came over this year. As usual, took lots of pics of all the happenings of the day.
 I saw these as soon as I walked in the door at Mom and Dad's...another of Ashely's fabulous creations. So pretty and festive!
 Payton with my Grandma...her Great Grandma. :) I always love these pictures of the different generations...so special.
 Kaden and Uncle E
 Allie with Baby Cora
 Some sistas!

After we all ate to our heart's content...some of the adults headed out to hide some eggs for the kiddos. We just might have had more fun hiding them than they did finding them! Praise the Lord that we actually had a dry period for part of the day. And a little bit of mud wasn't going to stop us from getting outside. :)
Chels and Eric were ready to go!
 And so were my babies...armed with their plastic grocery bags.
 Some of the kiddos getting the instructions before the "ready, set , go!"
 Then off to the hunting they went!
 Kaden managed to find a few himself.
 This is a pretty slow process for him...he was more interested in watching all of the other kids running around.
 Most of the adults just took in the view from the porch.
 Daddy helping his little man. :)
 
 My Grandparents.
 Addison with Chelsey...checkin' out her loot!
 Emptying the eggs.
 She took in the view from her exersaucer...sweet baby.
 Adders
Kylie, Rylie, and Addison. Hard to believe...but these are Add's aunt and second cousin. :)

Mom and Ashely had put together some great games for the kids to play.
 Spinning the wheel.
 The great duck pond game.
Add getting ready to pick her duck...very strategic in her selections.
 Kaden's turn went from this...
 ...to this... 
 ...then THIS...very quickly. :)
 Cuties.
 My cuz Jon with a little balloon dart action.
 
 A little love. :)
 Family pic.
 My cuz Brittany and her beautiful fam.
 Addison trying to enjoy one of the prizes she won.
 Not enough wind. :(

It wasn't until we got home Sunday night that we gave the kids their baskets. Keith had been sleeping that morning and we were in a rush to leave. But they sure enjoyed them!
 
 Kaden's ultimate goal was getting this open.
 
 Enjoying the fruit of his labor.
 Fun times with family and friends...a happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog about your big fam! I have 3 siblings, and it's always an adventure when we all get together. So, I can only imagine the fun when you guys are all under one roof! Glad you guys had a good Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your big fam, too! :) Looks like a wondeful day! :)

    ReplyDelete