Sunday, January 22, 2012

christmas at mimi and papaw's

After our presents and breakfast on Christmas morning...
 ...and once we were ready...
 ...and all smiles...
...we headed to Mimi and Papaw's.

Loved driving out to my Mom and Dad's this year. I still feel like I'm driving 'home' even though I have been married for over 6 years now...still makes me smile. :) We ate when we got out there and then all of us 'kids' did our gift exchange. All of the Richmer clan and our spouses draw names and buy that person a gift. We never tell who we get (although some people are known to spill the beans on this) so we are surprised when we open it...not only about the gift, but who got it for us. It takes quite a while for this because we go one by one, and there are a lot of us!
 Allie with some baking stuff.
 Ash...gift certificate.
 Natalie...hair straightener.
 Stephen...new clothing.
 Aus...new game. And...Chels...always needing the attention. ;)
 Danielle...gift certificate.
 Courtney...gift certificate.
 Daniel...new clothes.
 Eric with a completely obnoxious hat...which he loves!!
 Don't want to forget the hilarious 'coupons' Stephen wrote and gave to him before he opened the hat. We were all dying laughing!
 A pic I gave to Chels from her wedding day...she was pretty much crying here. :)
 Dyli...new clothes.
Derek...money from Dyli.
 Me...with some nail polish, gift certificate and cute scarf.
Keith...some books he wanted.
 Momma. :)
My Daddy.


Then...the kiddos got to open some more gifts. :)
 Excited about some new earrings. :)
 
 
Sportin' a new purse.


The rest of they day was relaxing and laid back...just hanging out, enjoying the fire in the fireplace and good conversation.
 The Hester's
 Cora Jade
Some nice Memory action was happening at this table. 


We stayed for a long while, and then headed home. I had about as much pain as I could take from my mouth...ugh. Came home and went straight to bed. 
Keith's family was getting together the next day, but I didn't go...just knew there was no way  I could talk and I just felt so drained physically. Sooooo...I don't have any pics of that day. :(


Christmas was such a neat time for our family...I love the peacefulness of the season and just the whole reason we honor this holiday.
Jesus is our celebration!

1 comment:

  1. Kristen, I love you...and I love your family so much. You all inspire me. You are what God meant family to be. You make me know it's possible to give that to my children and grandchildren. Thank you all for enlarging your circle and including so many. I know you have impacted more people that you know.

    ReplyDelete