Thursday, February 9, 2012

west baden...a lil' trip away

I just love traveling...anytime, anywhere...as long as it's with Keith. :) 
We had planned on making a trip to IKEA after Christmas to get some things and just to have a day away. That thought led me to ponder us getting away for just a bit longer...just the two of us...to some place nice. We have talked about going to French Lick and I thought it might be nice for just the two of us. I surprised Keith and just told him he needed to cancel a doctor appointment that he had, pack some clothes, and get ready to leave town! I realize that French Lick and Cincinnati are completely in opposite directions, but when there aren't any kids crying in the back of the van, it just doesn't matter how far you travel! :)
After all the packing, dropping off kiddos, and hugs and kisses, it was on to enjoying ourselves on the drive out there.
We had some good conversation and just enjoyed spending time together...so necessary. We walked around the little town for a bit when we got there, going in some neat little shops. We even got to hold hands as we walked around...lugging our little brood around doesn't always allow for that between the diaper bag, purse, blankets, etc. It was nice. :)
We had lunch. I took some pictures...imagine that?! Then w
e checked into our room late afternoon which was at West Baden...what a beautiful dome and place that is. So peaceful and relaxing and they still had it decorated for Christmas which was gorgeous!

I just love the vintage feel of the little town.
Outside of the 'big dome.'



Not sure exactly what this was, but Keith took his time checking it out...so I took some pics. :)


This little place is now an antique store...with some cool looking pieces.
This was a mural painted on the side of a building...just loved the detail. 

Inside the pretty dome...just so peaceful.




I just love it every time we travel to have folded towels, good little soaps, etc. just waiting for me to use. :) Random picture...but just a little peek into the R&R those couple days allowed us.

1 comment:

  1. I love West Beden. It is beautiful! So glad you two got some time away.

    ReplyDelete