Thursday, February 16, 2012

valentines day 2012

The Broady Valentine's wasn't super eventful...but special none the less. I happen to love Valentine's Day despite the critics of the holiday. I'm such a sap and just love the whole feel of it. We don't go overboard on the holiday, but just love on each other...with a few treats. :)
The kids got some cards and candy VERY early in the morning. I just could't help it. I love buying and giving them stuff. So...what better time to eat chocolate than 9 am??!!
 Giving them their cards
 Adders had just gotten out of the bath...hence her wet hair. :)
 Pretty sure she was just 'eyeing' the chocolate.
 Don't think he really knew why he got a card or candy.

After opening the chocolate, which happened to be inside the card, they didn't waste any time. ;)
 
 
 
 I didn't even get a picture before they started devouring it.
 
 
 Their cards...post candy retrieval.

After that excitement, it was time to make a cake! We all worked together on our made-from-scratch Red Velvet masterpiece.
 Gathered all the ingredients.
 I had lots of help.
After all of our hard work...
 ...we ended up with our 'love cake.'
 We then moved on to the cream cheese frosting...where I, again, had lots of help.
 This was Kaden's favorite part of the 'job.'

We didn't enjoy our cake till after dinner. We had a very "romantic" dinner of ... enchiladas with homemade enchilada sauce. Maybe not super 'romantic' with 3 little kids but it was RED and pretty delicious. And...our 'romantic' days just look a little different right now, and that's okay with us. We wouldn't change it...loved spending time with the kids and all the excitement of the day.
 After dinner, my Valentine gave me a sweet card and some goodies inside of this bag. I also presented him with a card with a 'love' message. :) I like how Valentine's Day makes you take the time to say the things you really want to say all the time, but don't take the time to.
 Our finished, frosted, heart-shaped, Red Velvet cake. :)
 This little girl sure loved it.
What a happy Valentine's at the Broady's!

1 comment: