Thursday, February 16, 2012

exploring and messes

Payton has kept me hoppin' here recently. She is so into exploring her world that at times it gets out of hand, gets her into trouble, and makes for a frustrated Momma. There are some days that she just does not stop. Yesterday she came in the bathroom while I was trying to get ready, and in just a 20 minute period had spilled baby wash all over the floor, drug out all the wash cloths, gotten into everyone's toothbrushes, pulled toilet paper off the roll, fell off the toilet and hit her head, grabbed all the brushes and combs out of the drawer, and tried to steal and grab my make-up and hair spray. And...I was really watching her! She is just so fast! I was quite frazzled to say the least. :) She is a determined little girl and just isn't deterred by much. We sure love that determination, but just need to help her in channeling it in the right direction.
Keith and I had a little talk last  night and nipping some of this in the bud. I find myself wanting to ignore some of it just to keep the peace sometimes. But I want to train her too...oh the 'terrible ones" it seems to be around here. :) She really is a SWEET little girl that never really stops smiling...and hasn't since she was born. She is just testing the waters a little bit right now. ;)
One of the messes yesterday, that I had to capture...
 She had just reached up in the drawer and pulled out ALL the straws...and just thought it was awesome.
I just smiled. On the bright side...it kept her busy for quite a while so that I could do school with Addison. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment