Thursday, February 16, 2012

school happenings

So proud of my little kiddos and what they are doing and learning in school right now. We take it slow, as well as take advantage of the million 'teachable moments' that occur during the day. Some days are great, some are good, and some are just blah! But...we are learning and settling in to what this looks like for our family right now. I am not pushing a lot on Addison right now, but she is doing really well and is hungry to learn. Some days she has lots of patience for reading and other days, we just put the book down and do a reading game of some sort. I don't want to frustrate her...just want her to have fun. 
My head is spinning after working with all of them and trying to keep everyone occupied, busy, and engaged. But...most of the time it is because I am trying to do too much, or didn't plan well enough for what I wanted to do. ;) But...I LOVE it. I love being with my kids and training and teaching and guiding and molding them into what God has created for them to be. 
 Some of the Math action going on.
 Kaden counting some corn kernels and gluing them on his paper.
 We started a unit on 'Ants' and I was/am super excited about it! Addison learned her Bible verse the very first day...
"Go the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise." Proverbs 6:6
She has also learned that ants don't have captains or parents always telling them what to do. They do their work without being told to do it, and work very hard!
We made a collage of every thing we learned, and glued it in a folder to keep.Will have to post a pic when it is done...probably adding our last piece to it today. I checked out some books from the library and gathered some materials and went to work. Addison learned a lot. Kaden was just around for most of it...looked at pictures or colored different things...and identified an A (most of the time). :)
 
Here she is putting her 'accordion' booklet together.

I'm excited to go to the Indiana Homeschool Convention at the end of March. It will be a first for me and Keith together. I went several times with my parents when I was little. It is massive and overwhelming...but good too! We have several friends heading that way too. Just praying that the Lord directs our steps and shows us exactly what we should be doing right now. As for our school days, we just take them a day at a time and soak up what we can...enjoying the journey.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading all this. You are one patient momma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a terrific momma! I love watching your journey.

    ReplyDelete