Sunday, April 15, 2012

easter egg hunting

On Saturday, before Easter, Chelsey had said she wanted to go with me and take the kiddos to do some egg hunting. Thank God for her because there is no way I would ever attempt to take all 3 three of them to something like that by myself. I don't let much stop me or get in my way with them, but that just sounded a little bit much. Poor Keith doesn't get 'weekends' to have fun and do things all the time. Unfortunately, holidays mean absolutely nothing in our family. We celebrate them, but often not on the day they truly are. And...we just make the best of it. :)
It was a bit chilly Saturday morning when Chels came to the house to meet us, but we bundled up and headed out to a small hunt that our friend Susie told us about for their church. It was really just perfect for us...not huge, but TONS of eggs filled with lots of great, kid-friendly candy. What more could you want? ;) 
They split Kaden and Payton's group from the group that Adders was in. My Dad came and brought Allie and Kyllie too so he kind of stayed with them. I took K-dog, and Susie and Chels helped with Pay-Pay. There wasn't really much to do...they caught on pretty quickly. :)
 The funny thing was...the whole time he was finding these eggs, he had no idea there was anything inside of them. He (and Payton) just thought it was cool to pick up these brightly colored things from the grass and bushes and put them in their bucket!
 
 Lookin' so darn cute.
 Pay-Pay did so good and had a filled bucket by the end.
 Add fell in love with this little dog that belonged to the owners of the farm/house/land we went to. This pic makes it look kind of big, but this was seriously one of the smallest little things I have ever seen.
 Some of the goodness inside of Addison's bucket...and notice the egg in the top left! She found the golden egg! yay!
 Here she is wearing her sticker and waiting for her prize.
This was about the time that Kaden noticed that there was 'candy' inside those beautiful eggs. He then shared that with his little sister. In the little bit of time we stayed there afterwards, they consumed A LOT of candy. A LOT. My Dad kept laughing at how fast they were shoving it in their mouths. And...I just let them do it. :) I didn't stop them at all. There are not many times that I do that, but this was definitely a good exception. They had such a fun time and I'm glad that we went. We had buckets of candy to snack on for many days.

No comments:

Post a Comment