Monday, October 25, 2010

rockin my world

Addison has a book...Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse...and I am reminded of it today. At various times throughout the book when different characters are overwhelmed by something or are at a loss for words, it reads, "'Wow. That was just about all he/she could say. Wow.'" I feel like one of the characters. 'Wow' is just about all I can say. This post is simply for me!! :) I am writing this so I can look back and remember some of these days...crazy, chaotic, overwhelming, exhausting...yet....humorous, exciting, fun, and a blessing to have my three little munchkins. They are my daily reminder that I can do nothing on my own and that I daily need the strength of my Lord. His joy is my strength...I sometimes just burst forth in song to alleviate a tense moment..."The joy of the Lo-o-rd is my strength...The joy of the Lo-o-rd is my strength." I think the kids have gotten accustomed to that song now...Addison even sings it herself. :)
I crack up as I think about what some of these days have looked like. Pure 'survival mode.' There is only one of me and I can only do so much...sleep deprivation does not help either. Saturday night I may have gotten 3 hours...maybe...and that was broken up into several increments. I love it when people say to sleep when your baby sleeps...and I do remember doing that with Addison. But...not now with a 17 month old and a 3 yr. old!! :)
The joy of the Lord is my strength!
Just as a hilarious reminder to me and Keith, I documented what my morning looked like today...whew!

  • Wake up to Payton crying for some early morning breakfast
  • Begin feeding her and hear Kaden on monitor singing to himself…know that he is awake
  • After Payton has eaten, carry her downstairs and lay her on the couch
  • Rescue Kaden from his crib and put him in his highchair for some breakfast
  • Cut up some banana for him
  • Payton is now screaming…needs a diaper change
  • Go to her room and pick out some clothes…change her diaper and get her dressed for the day
  • Addison awakes and joins me in the family room while I dress Payton…greet her with a kiss and hug. :)
  • Kaden’s banana is now gone and he wants more of something
  • Lay Payton in the swing and turn on her music, etc.
  • Make Kaden some cereal
  • Attempt to put some dishes away and straighten up kitchen a little bit
  • Pour Addison some cereal
  • Kaden is done and wants down…wipe him off, get him down, and clean off the tray
  • Straightening up house a bit…gathering some laundry, putting some toys away
  • Addison asks for some milk to drink…asked her to go get me her cup and I would get her some
  • Smell something…realize Kaden needs a diaper change and I need to get him dressed
  • Major poop blowout for Kaden…requires a bath for sure.
  • Run bath water, put him in the bath, and wash him
  • Addison is still asking for milk…tell her I will in just a minute
  • Payton is screaming again from her swing
  • Quickly lotion up Kaden…dress him and comb his hair
  • Run to Payton and pick her up…feel something wet
  • Major poop blowout for Payton…requires a bath for sure
  • Run more bath water and bathe her as well
  • Addison is still asking for some milk…bless her heart
  • Grab some more clothes for Payton and try to quickly lotion and dress her
  • Kaden needs a drink now too
  • Mom calls…laughing and telling her about my morning
  • Wrap Payton in her blanket and lay her in her bed
  • Finally get Addison her milk and Kaden a drink as well
  • Put some laundry away of the kids
  • Addison wants to play dress-up…tie a bow on the back of her dress
  • Finish cleaning up the kitchen…put bowls in sink, wipe off counters, realize I never ate anything myself...oh well!
  • Addison and Kaden are now playing in family room
  • Start cleaning off a bookshelf in living room…been driving me crazy
  • Create piles all over the floor of things to throw away, take downstairs, give away, etc.
  • Payton is crying…ready to eat again!
  • Warm bottle…actually sit down to feed her…feels good
  • Kaden wants me to hold him as well…he is quite fussy today
  • Addison tries to distract him
  • Burp Payton and hold her a little bit…so sweet! 
  • Put her in her swing…God Bless the swing!!!!
  • Play ball with Kaden
  • Turn on a video for Addison about the book There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly
  • Back to the bookshelf and it’s mess
  • Payton crying again….easy fix though….quick pacifier retrieval
  • Addison and Kaden are having a disagreement…Kaden is trying to take her toy
  • Find him a new toy…try to explain to him not to take his sister’s things
  • Start a load of laundry
  • Kaden is totally ready for his morning nap…another diaper change and down he goes
  • Payton is sleeping in swing…think about moving her to her bed…decide to leave her where she is so I don't risk her waking up!!
  • Silence for a bit!
  • But…lunch will soon be here…what will we have today??
And to think...this was just my morning!
But...The Joy of the Lord is my Strength.
In my life, Lord, be glorified.

2 comments:

  1. Whew! You have me worn out just reading that. But if anyone can do it, YOU can! I honestly did not forget about bringing you dinner and I can't really compare my craziness to yours, but we will be over soon with dinner and to lend a hand! Hope all is well. I miss ya! :)

    ReplyDelete