Monday, April 4, 2011

keith's birthday

Keith is another year older now! The big 3-5! He is half of a decade older than me. :) I had been making some plans for his bday for a couple weeks. I love birthdays...just a day to make that person feel special. And I wanted to bless my husband! Saturday was his actual birthday. It was filled with things like folding laundry, dropping off our taxes, buying formula for Payton...all birthday related things of course. :)
We had church Saturday night and then a few people over to have some pizza and cake. And...an awesome cake it was...thanks to the amazing Ashley! Her cake skills are getting better and better!
Police cake with all of the appropriate accessories.
 The handcuffs were sooo real looking!
 Even had a look-alike badge for him. :)
 At the "party" Chelsey read a story to Addison...
 Kylie took pictures...
 Derek fed Cora...
 Chels kissed Stephen...
 Gregg acted...usual! :) ...
 Keith talked to Grandpa...
and Kylie and Addison played together.
I also found this picture on Chelsey's camera that I stole! Very interesting! Didn't even know they snuck outside. Silly Chels. :)

Then it was on to singing and eating!
 
Blowing out the candles.

After the cake, I presented Keith with a card. Inside the card was a 'golden ticket' that revealed his birthday surprise. It said that he was leaving Sunday morning to go to Cincinnati. He would see a Red's game (and other fun things TBA) with his AMAZING wife and the love of his life...with no children! :) He immediately said, "I have to work tomorrow." And I said..."No, you don't." I had called and put up a vacation day for him.
So...after cake and all the craziness fun, Mom and Dad took Addison and Kaden home with them. Sunday morning we met Chels and gave Payton to her and off we went!
In the car ALL ALONE with no one crying or calling our name. :)
 Then...on to IKEA where we bought a few things and got some great ideas!
 Then...on to the Red's game! The weather was nothing short of AWESOME! 76 DEGREES to be exact.
 We had super great seats and enjoyed the great weather and great game.
 With my 'bestest' friend.
 
 RUN!!!!!
 I took this so that no one can complain about the size of my camera any more!! :) I know this is a video camera, but the next time you think mine is big, remember this one! 
 
 Keith told me to take this because I think he was secretly jealous of his job! Hard at work as you can tell!
The result of the game was.....the REDS WIN! It was really a great game to watch and lots of fun with my hubs!
From there, we went to dinner at the Melting Pot. All I can say is delish! Then, it was back home to pick up the munchkins.
A great day it was.
Happy, Happy Birthday Keith Broady!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Keith!
    {Great idea, Kristen!} ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a sweet wife and of course great friend you are to that husband of yours! It looks like you guys had a great day. Happy Bday, Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Keith had a great birthday! What a wonderful way to spend the day..IKEA and the Reds...two of my favorite things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect day! Glad you all had fun. Those cakes your sis makes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete