Monday, March 5, 2012

addison's 5th birthday

I have officially been a momma for 5 years now. That sounds like a long time to me! :) But, I must say that I am so blessed with my sweet Addison Taylor. She is such a joy, blessing and great help to our family. She has so many wonderful qualities about her that just make me so proud. She is so mature for her age that sometimes I forget she is just five! I carry on great conversations with her that make me feel like I'm just hangin' out with a friend most days. :) I love her sweet little heart that just adores her brother and sister. She is such a good, big sis to them. One of my very favorite things about my sweet girl is when she prays. She (most often) isn't timid or shy about praying for anything. We try to encourage her in that, but there are a few times that her 'shyness' wins out. We love watching her pray so fervently over her brother or sister when they are sick or for her daddy when he leaves for work, etc. My favorite line that she says right now is, "And Lord, in the name of Jesus, we pray..." Makes me smile.

On her 'actual' birthday this year, we got an ice cream cake and celebrated at Mom and Dad's. Dylan got a couple pics for me on his camera.
 
 


For her 'party' we had a small, mostly family, gathering at our house this year. Not a big thing, but a big deal in celebrating her 5th birthday. She is ALL about flowers right now...drawing them, writing about them, picking them for me on a daily basis, decorating our house and her room with them. So...I didn't have to look very far/hard for a 'theme' for her this year. It turned out quaint and cute. :)
 
 
 
 
 
 The cupcake tower.
 
 
 Pink and orange jello to go with the color scheme. :)

Present Time!
 
 
 She loves, loves sunglasses.
 
 
 
 
 And...one of her favorite gifts from Uncle Dyli...the hula hoop. 
 She is so good at this.


We had her close her eyes for the next one.
 Open!
 All smiles at the sight of her new bike!
 And, she, of course, had to try it out.
 
 
 Thanks to Grandpa, we got a matching helmet.
 Pay-Pay wanted a ride too.
 And Kaden.
 What a cute little bike rider. :)
 
 Chels and Dyl.
 Aus and Stephen
 Happy Birthday to you....
 After everyone left, she rode it up and down the driveway. She has ridden it just about everyday since then as well. Love her smiles!
We love our sweet girl!
Happy 5th Birthday Sparky!

No comments:

Post a Comment