Tuesday, August 24, 2010

crazy times

Things have been crazy busy around the Broady homestead these days...yet everything seems to move in slow motion as well. This is mostly because of me! :) I have about 4 weeks left of my pregnancy and the end could not come any sooner. I am ready...well, ready to not be pregnant...not necessarily prepared for her yet. I still have clothes to wash, and items to gather. I am just much more laid back with #3 coming...maybe too laid back. I have a very hard time just getting around. I feel like my mind has so much it wants to accomplish in a day, but my body will not let it follow through. I cannot be on my feet for very long at all before I have to sit...multiple reasons and issues!! So...that has limited my ability to do a lot with the kids...such as zoo trips, shopping, etc., etc. All I know is, "this too shall pass," even though it is frustrating to me.

Chelsey is now married! Whew! What a ride! So much to do and decorate and prepare for...but it was beautiful! I wish I would have had more energy for all of the events. I will post some pics of things later for sure! The Friday before her wedding was the wonderful Bachelorette Party that my sister Danielle and I were putting together. The day of the party we were blowing up balloons...a pretty normal thing for a party I would think when one of them exploded in my face. I think I have probably had this happen before, but I immediately knew this time that something was wrong. My face was burning and I could not open my eye. I tried to rinse it with some cold water, put ice on it. I did not know what happened, but I knew I had done some damage for sure. It swelled up right away, was huge and red, and would not stop watering. Chels and Dan wanted to take me to the emergency room, but I thought if I gave it a little bit, it may get better. The more I waited, the worse it got, so we called Keith who was working...bless his heart. He drove to get me and then drove me...lights and sirens to the eye doctor. By this time it was burning and I did not even know if I could see out of it. Crazy!

To make a very long story short, somehow I tore off the entire outer layer of my eye. The doctor numbed it for me just so that I could at least open it and see for a little bit...although it was very sore. I still don't know what completely happened. All he or I could think of was that somehow the balloon came up and hit my eye like a rubber band effect. Who knows! He would not give me any numbing drops because I was pregnant and told me to go home and go to bed. That was not possible because of the party...that I was in charge of! When I told him I had plans for that night, his response was, "No, you had plans." I should have listened. It was the most miserable time of my life, but I wanted to be there for Chels...felt so bad. I could not drive, could not read anything, could not see, function....awful!

The next few days were bad as well. Thank the Lord for my sisters who took my kids on Saturday for me. There was no way I could have watched them...could not even open my eyes. Thus,...no TV, no reading, no computer, no anything. Ugh! Praise the Lord...all is better now...still a little tender, but that will soon heal I am sure!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, K! What a wild ride you all have had. You weren't lying when you texted me said it had been crazy. Call me if you need anything these next few weeks. Seriously, I don't mind AT ALL! Take care of yourself and good luck with your new role as a home school teacher with that new furniture...lol! I forgot to send the cd's with Bill, but I'll drop them off to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too sweet...and I know you have a lot going on as well...busy lady these days! Hopefully things will slow down for a small bit before the baby! I am enjoying my new role at home I must say...so fun and rewarding with your own kids. :) The desk is great...she totally loves it...hope you got the pic I sent ya! I can get the CD's whenever. Anxious to hear more about the new school year...still feels a little wierd not teaming up with ya!

    ReplyDelete