Tuesday, August 24, 2010

poor kaden

Another strange happening for us occurred on Sunday. We decided to get together with my family and head to the lake after church to picnic, grill out, go boating, and just relax after the wedding busyness. Kaden was walking around and somehow fell over by the grill that we had not even started yet, and started screaming! It is not unusual for him to trip or stumble, but I could tell he did something else. Evidently, some people that were there before us had dropped some hot pieces of charcoal on the ground and he happened to land on one of them right on the side of his head. His ear and right above it were burned pretty bad. My mom grabbed him, and then Keith took him and immediately started praying over him. He did pretty well after that, not even seeming to notice it. I honestly think it was deep enough to where he could not feel it...yikes! There were multiple other crazy things that happened Sunday as well...a piece flying off our boat on the way to the lake, Keith cutting his foot, then dropping and breaking his brand new phone. Freaky things. We treated Kaden at home and continue to put medicine on it and keep it clean. :) Poor baby.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I found your blog and have really enjoyed reading it! :) So sorry you guys have had so many injuries lately! Hope things have settled down so you can rest!

    I've had a great time teaching kdg so far. Miss seeing you at school though. Take care!

    :) Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you. I have wondered about kdg and how you have adjusted. :) I miss seeing everybody too!!

    I've read your blog too...good way to see what everyone is up to!! :)

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete