Friday, November 26, 2010

legacy

There is always talk around the Richmer house of trying to get a family picture, but we are all always exhausted at the thought of this even before it happens. It is so much work to get everyone together and looking decent! I had told Mom the other day that we were getting a family pic of us (will post soon)...and that is when it all started. It got her thinking about trying to capture the whole fam in a photo. I always love looking at it after we take it, but trying to get a good picture of everyone and keeping everyone happy is quite a challenge.
We all went to Mom and Dad's Sunday for dinner. We had to wait for Keith to get off work and come out, but then we all gathered down by the creek and got a group shot. I must say it looks pretty good...to have 20 people smiling or at least pleasant. (aka...my kids!!) And...as I look at it, I can't help but be thankful for the legacy of my parents and what they have passed on to us. There is some rich heritage there. I have the best parents in the world who have literally sacrificed their lives for us kids. I never really realized that until I had children of my own. They have invested so much of themselves into us...and during this Thanksgiving season...I am grateful for their selflessness and the years they have sown for all of us. This is a real 'picture' of what they can now reap...a large family that is now producing more children and pouring into them the same wisdom and principles they poured into us.
This is legacy...

No comments:

Post a Comment