Friday, May 18, 2012

sweet dreams

Kaden has been going through a little phase here recently with not wanting to stay in his bed. Many nights he had ended up in bed with me. I have never, never been a fan of kids in bed with us at all, but many nights I'm just too exhausted to walk him back down to his bed. We had several little talks, and a couple times I just made him walk back down by himself...as he was crying the whole way. Pitiful. 
Keith had a good talk with him explaining that he was not to get out of his bed, he needed to stay in it all night, etc. Well, that was working for a few nights. Then the other morning, they slept in longer than usual and I went in to check on them. I then ran back out, grabbed my camera and went back in so I could capture this....
Leave it up to Adders to spoil her little brother. She told me, "But Mom, he was scared...and just wants to sleep with me. It's okay though. I love him."
He has done a lot better with staying in his own bed, but I have continued to find them like this on many mornings. Precious.

4 comments:

  1. this is one of the sweetest things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This absolutely warms my heart! :) What a sweet, sweet memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trey gets in bed with Garrison every night still. G is getting so big that he says he needs his whole bed but he can't tell Trey no. I'm thinking T will be okay by the time G goes to college so I say let it happen. We won't have these days forever. So thankful they love each other!!!

    ReplyDelete