Tuesday, September 7, 2010

bye, bye strawberry pie

When at the grocery the other day, I saw some strawberries that still looked suprisingly good. I have been a couple other times and did not buy any because they just looked like it was not their "season." :) Soooo, I bought some and decided to do our last strawberry pie of the summer. I'm okay with that though, because I am ready for fall...just as I was excited to see spring and summer a few months ago.
I have been trying to allow Addison to help me in the kitchen as much as I can recently...teaching her what different utensils are called, having her get me pots and pans, cut up different things, etc. We have had some "knife using lessons" as well. :) She is normally willing and does very well. I took some pictures of her assisting with the making of our last strawberry pie. She was so excited and kept asking, "What do I do next?"
Cutting off the tops of the strawberries...I did the slicing. She was very careful!
Waiting for the water and sugar to boil.
Pouring in the strawberries.
Stirring the strawberries.
Pouring the mixture into the crust.
Enjoying the "fruits" of her labor a couple hours later. :)
Love it....she did!

2 comments:

  1. Kristen, she is beautiful! I hope you guys enjoy that last strawberry pie; it looks delicious. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading what you do with Addison. She always seems so eager to learn and you are wonderful about showing her! And those pics made me hungry, girl! I love me some strawberry pie. :)

    ReplyDelete