Sunday, September 26, 2010

thoughts

Still...pregnant. Our little girl does not seem to be as anxious to meet us as we are to meet her. We are beginning to wonder if we will be celebrating Thanksgiving as well as her birth at the same time! It is just hard to know that it has to be close, but not have any idea of when that moment can or will take place. More than just wanting not to be pregnant anymore...I just want to hold her. With each of my babies, I can still remember that moment that I first held them in my arms...precious. I can't wait for that...a true miracle. 

Although she is now officially past due, there are still things I am working on to prepare for her arrival...even her room. :) Better late than never. We have officially moved Kaden into Addison's room now so that the baby actually has a room. (Got a new crib for him because we now need two...since they are only going to be 16 mos. apart!) That arrangement has worked out better than I anticipated...Praise God! They actually seem to enjoy sharing a room...even if it's only been a week. Addison sings him to sleep at night...so adorable. The second night they were both in the same room, Kaden was not very happy...basically yelling at the top of his lungs. :( Keith and I had gone upstairs to our room and heard them on the monitor. Addison was saying, "It's okay, little buddy. You don't have to cry......" So  sweet...we were cracking up! She then proceeded to sing some sort of a lullaby to him. I have to write out the words because they were so well thought out.

Go to sleep, go to sleep.
Go to sleep little Kaden.
Close your eyes and go to sleep.
And I'll see you in the morning.

Where she comes up with this stuff...I have no idea! But...a few seconds later and both of them were OUT! I love them to pieces.

Back to the nursery...got the room repainted (thanks to my amazing Mom), bedding all situated, valance hung, etc. And...then it all began. I decided to paint a mural on the wall...yes I did. Call me crazy...being past due climbing around on a ladder painting a huge tree on the wall. I think I about caused Keith to have a heart attack. He checked on me about every 5 min. :) What a good man! But I am pretty happy with the result. Who would have thought that "anti-crafty Kristen" would even attempt that one. :) I am still working on painting some canvases to match the bedding and stuff...it is all pretty simple stuff...too much of that and I don't think I could do it.

So, we continue to wait and trust the Lord to bring our sweet girl in His perfect timing. I just want Him to know that we are sooooo ready. :)

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to post some pictures of this mural! I'm sure it looks great. Is Courtney the sister in law that is due in 5 months? If so, tell her congratulations for me! Babies are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete