Thursday, September 16, 2010

daddy's little girl

To say that Addison loves her Daddy is nothing but an understatement. She TOTALLY loves her daddy...worships the ground he walks on basically. She is always asking where he is, what he is doing, when he will be home (if he is working), if she can call him, and it goes on and on. She constantly tells him that he is "the best daddy in the whole world." It really is precious. And...I know the feelings are completely the same on the other side. Keith adores her...and spoiles her like crazy! Don't get me wrong, he disciplines too, but she definitely has him wrapped around her little finger. Even as I am typing this, she is outside helping him "drive" the van into the garage...sitting on his lap. :) She doesn't let him get too far out of her sight. I love this. I have an incredible relationship with my own dad, and am so happy that Addison can have this too.

So, the other day Addison woke up talking about a party we were having for daddy. I told her that it wasn't his birthday, but that was not what she was referring to. It was simply a surprise party for him. She let me know that we needed to bake a cake, put up decorations, and make a card! Seriously...all her ideas! And...we had to do it before he got home from work. She got the construction paper and markers out and got to work on the cards. I talked her into making some rice krispie treats instead of a cake, and we put up a few modest decorations. :) Hilarious to me!! No real reason...just celebrating her dad. I called Keith and gave him the heads up on what was going on so he could react accordingly!! This is some documentation of her "baking."
Pouring in the marshmallows that we counted.
Stirring the marshmallows and butter until it was all melted.
Pouring in the rice krispies!!
Putting it in the pan.
She added some stars to the top...they were also candles that he could blow out.
And...don't think Kaden wasn't "assisting" us as well. He always makes his presence known. He also got to "sample" a little of the treats as we were making them. :)
Just a couple of the card creations Addison made. She is very proud of her circles!

So, after Keith got home, we presented him with his cards, Addison showed him his "treats," and we truly did sing "Happy Surprise Party to You." She was glowing and quite proud of herself.

4 comments:

  1. That is probably the cutest thing I have ever heard of. That little Addison is quite special and pretty smart, too! :) Happy Surprise Day to Keith!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a doll! Definitely a daddy's girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kristen, how sweet; doesn't it just melt your heart! I LOVE the picture of the rice krispies being poured into the pot, such a neat shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah...I think she's a keeper! A special memory I don't want to forget. :)

    ReplyDelete