Friday, December 9, 2011

decking the halls

Christmas started early around here this year...the weekend before Thanksgiving to be exact. :) I just couldn't wait any longer. And it wasn't because I don't enjoy and love Thanksgiving...because I really do. I just think my 'thankful spirit' only increases as I move into the Christmas season and reflect upon all of its deep meaning and special memories. I wish Thanksgiving was just a little bit earlier in the month of November, so I could put the Christmas decorations out even earlier. Although...since it didn't stop me this year...next year could be even earlier. :) You just never know!
Keith knew that I had been quite anxious to get things going this year. I came home from work one day to find the tree set up in the living room for me...so sweet. He and my brother drug all the bins and decor down from the garage. I didn't waste any time. My tree was decorated that night! 
 I have then gradually added some more things here and there...I love the feeling around here. :)
 There's just something about Christmas.
 
 Stockings hung.
 The nativity that has become the "new thing" to play with around here.
My cute little snowman door hanger. :)
What I get to stare at as I do my dishes. :)


I really am so glad we started early this year...so peaceful and joyful. And...I love just watching the kids being able to enjoy it all. Every single day...literally...Payton walks out to the tree, touches it and says, "Cris Cris Tree." Close enough I guess. She just loves all the ornaments and everything on it and has done pretty well with being told she can't touch it. :)
It is definitely looking a lot like Christmas at the Broady's. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Kristen! I LOVE this time of the year, too!

    ReplyDelete