Saturday, December 24, 2011

pizza, lights and presents!

Up until this week, we still had not ventured out to Charlestown for their amazing lights and I knew I wanted to. So...we made a night of it this week...very last minute I might add. Keith was actually in the middle of making dinner when we got the crazy idea to go that night. We wrapped it up and put it in the fridge to complete the next night. :)
We headed to Charlestown Pizza Company, right on the square, to eat.
 
 Silly
Prior to eating, the kids filled up on Root Beer...they never drink that! Soooo...when they do get something like that if we go out, they chug it. :) Not much eating, but a lot of drinking happened.
Then...it was on to the lights. Luckily it was a pretty warm night, so we didn't have to do much bundling up. We walked around and just let the kiddos explore it all. 
 
 striking a pose!
 armed with their blankets
 
 her expression when the little show began
 
 
 
 
 I pointed out the nativity scene to Adders...she named all the peeps, the gifts the kings brought, and what the angel/angels said when they appeared to the shepherds. I love teaching them!
 bundle of happiness
 He told me to take this one and then wanted to 'see' it on the back of the camera...a kid after my own heart! 
 
 And...just a smidgen of playground fun before we left. :)
 
On to the van we go...
From there, we headed to Eric and Chelsey's where the kids were able to open the first gifts of the season! There was pure excitement about this! I only captured a few pics...and not very exciting ones before my camera died! Guess I didn't plan for that one very well. It is fully charged for Christmas morning though. ;)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment