Saturday, December 4, 2010

Gatlinburg 2010

We are officially back home from our vacation...if you want to call it that. It was far from a vacation...lots of work and planning, but a GREAT time away with the family. Keith actually named it our "temporary relocation project" just so we did not get our hopes up that there would be any relaxation involved!! :) Leave it to him to bring the 'funny' into the situation. Before we left, I began to refer to it simply as our 'change of scenery.'
We went to the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatinburg area and stayed at 'Wilderness at the Smokies.' It was AMAZING. The rooms were super nice and it had an indoor water park...over 80,000 sq. ft. We got a two bedroom suite with a full kitchen and it was a great space for all of us.  The kitchen was wonderful to have...I planned before we left, went to the grocery, and we cooked all but one of the nights there. Almost like home! :)
 Ashley, Addison & Kaden's room.
 Our very long kitchen table. :)
Massive master bath...very nice.

There was so much to do in the area. I loved going this time of year...so fun and festive during the Christmas season. We took my little sis Ashley with us...just to have an {adult} per child. She was a great help, is always good with the kids, and they love her. And...I know she had a lot of fun herself. :)

Our unit also had a washer and dryer in it...praise the Lord! I had taken some detergent. Keith and I did all the laundry the night before we left and just had to come home and put it away. I always hate the thought of coming home after a vacation and knowing the next couple days will involve lots of washing.
The kids did very well with the drive...actually watched movies and slept! One very funny thing about the drive I do not want to forget was little Addison. We obviously had to drive through the mountains to get there and the change in elevation always affects your ears. She had never experienced this or knew how to express it at least. All of the sudden she just started talking REALLY loud from the back of the van and yelled, "I just don't know what is happening to my ears. Mommy, Daddy...my ears feel weird."  We busted out laughing! She kept talking VERY loud for awhile which continued to crack us up. :)
I know the kids enjoyed the change of scenery and all the fun things we did. I totally love being able to get away and this was such a much needed thing for our fam. Glad to be home, but glad for the adventure as well! As usual...took lots of pics...love the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment